Vignette (literature), short, impressionistic scenes that focus on one moment or give a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Grace for Contentment

Yesterday I had an interview at St Francis hospital. I had applied for a position in patient registration, via the internet after hearing about the job from Tammy Jacobs several weeks ago. I've been waiting and praying for a couple weeks now; waiting for the job to post, and praying that I would get it.
When Barbara called me, I was so excited, and set an appointment for that morning. I sent out mass text messages telling my friends that I was on my way to an interview, asking them to pray.

And you know what?

I got a text back from every single person ( except Daddy and Randy, who were working on a roof ) saying that they were praying. At that moment, my heart was overwhelmed with these friends -these good gifts- that God has given me. To have brothers and sisters who can boldly approach the throne of grace on my behalf, who willingly do so because they love me.

And why?

Not because of who I am, or what I have done for them, but because of who Jesus is, and what He has changed in me. Because of what he has done and change in
them

And how?

Like I said, boldly. Because of what Jesus did for us on the cross. When we come before the throne, our Father sees the righteousness of Jesus. WOW.
So that was a sweet thing to ponder. The God who sent Jesus to save me, when I didn't want him to, was the same God who would be in control of this interview.

My brother-in-law Jamey called me to let me know about the terrible parking accommodations at St. Francis, to be sure I left in enough time to find a place. Barbara was very nice-a northerner, no less:) As she described the position and the hours, and what was expected, I got a little excited. Apparently since St. Francis is a faith based program, they are required to have a "staff devotions" kind of time every day. As she told me this, I prayed " Oh Lord, I REALLY would love to work here!"

All in all, it sounds similar to LevelOne, getting accurate information from frazzled distracted people, and helping them get to where they need to be.But it's face-to-face. And the pay is much better... and the hours are the same every day...and I have weekends off. Barbara seemed satisfied with the answers I gave her questions; like, diffusing co-worker conflict by maintaining a spirit of humility. Serving them in love, just as I would the patients coming in the door. I think that I'm laid back enough to get along with just about anybody. But I'm also a people-pleaser. I will change whatever may be necessary to create a peaceful and productive work environment. So Barbara asked me to come back this next Wednesday to meet and interview with my potential co-worker. She's going through a list of 30 or so applicants for the second interview as well. Awesome....a personality contest. not intimidating at all.....and then I remember who's in control of this situation. But every time I think of this job, I ask God for two things: 1)to either bless me with this job or 2) give me contentment in the job I have.

I'm writing this post in the midst of talking Brian and basketball with Randy...so I've lost train of thought and I think I'm done for tonight. That's ok though, I'm purty tired...

Birthday lunch with Momma tomorrow-her's, not mine. That'll be pretty sweet, I really enjoy spending time with my momma. She's one of my best friends; besides my husband, I'd say she's tied for second with Randy:)

















No comments:

Post a Comment