Vignette (literature), short, impressionistic scenes that focus on one moment or give a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Grace for New Things.

Well..I got a job at St Francis:) Not the job I interviewed for; this one is "part-time" status, but I can get up to forty hours if I want them. It's a second shift position 1 pm-7 or 8 pm. By May or June, they are expecting to need another first shift person on first shift. So maybe by then, I'll know the computer system and be comfortable enough with the processes to move to first shift. Weekends and holidays off. Thank you Lord:)

My physical is scheduled for tomorrow, and orientation is March 28th. I quit LevelOne promptly upon my call from my interviewing supervisor....well, I worked my 3 hour shift for that day, and then quit. I had planned to give two weeks' notice, but they've been jerking me around with my schedule for the last 2 months, so John told me to just be done.

Today I went to the Dermatologist to get this rash checked out. It started on my stomach where my shingles scarring is, so that had me kind of worried. But it didn't hurt like shingles, and wasn't always itchy. So it has spread up onto my chest and on my back and both arms as well. The dermatologist said it's most likely an allergic reaction to detergent or something. Reactions in the skin that develop like that commonly appear in an area where the skin has been injured or damaged before. Either that or a particular kind of rash that is relatively common in a lot of people. A once in a lifetime kind of rash, that goes away on it's own.

So it's not shingles, and is not a flareup of my Scleroderma...Thank You Lord:) I hope to have it gone, with the cream he prescribed, before I start the new job. In the meantime, I'm enjoying my days at home:) Someday, I will really enjoying being a full-time domestic engineer.

John and I are excited for Spring Break, hoping to visit our Philly family, provided I can get that time off from this new job. The routine of daily life is starting to wear on John, between work, and classes, and tutoring. This time of year wears him down as things begin to bloom in Greenville. He's congested and head-achy, unable to focus, kind of groggy. We're looking forward to a break from the daily routines next Sunday, when we go to The Biltmore House with James and Angie. Good times with good friends..... I'll try to post pictures:)

1 comment:

  1. so glad you got the job!!! that is great! praying for you and John. miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete