Vignette (literature), short, impressionistic scenes that focus on one moment or give a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The dress...

I saw a dress on David's Bridal's online store about a year and a half ago as I was perusing the website. It caught my eye right away for the unique-ness of it. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I like things that are a little different than everyone else's:) Over the last year and a half I have thought more and more about that dress, and eventually decided that when I did get engaged, it would be the first dress I would try on.
My best friend/sister/housemate,Alicia, is getting married next year. She had an appointment at David's Bridal on saturday afternoon, the day after John asked me to marry him. So my mom and I had both planned to go with her, as I am the Matron of honor, and Alicia's mom is out of state. Alicia didn't spend too much time trying dresses on, she knew between two dresses in about 20 minutes. So I asked my mom if she thought I could try on hat particular dress since we were already there. So Momma talked to the consultant and explained that I had just been enagaged and how soon the wedding is, and the consultant brought out the dress in champagne and white.
I put the champagne one on first and it was a near perfect fit. When I walked out of the dressing room to the mirror, my mom gasped and told that there was no need to try the white one on. She could tell by the look on my face and how I looked in it, that we had found my dress.
Momma sent Daddy a text picture of it and then called him to tell him about the dress. We made an appointment for him to come with us the next day after church to see me in it. So it was a regular family affair:) So we went to the back of the store, got measured and pinned for the necessary alterations and will pick up my purchased dress on May 7th!

No comments:

Post a Comment