Vignette (literature), short, impressionistic scenes that focus on one moment or give a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My God truly does give me good gifts!

Today my God amazed me with His generosity.I got a call from the man who rents out the dutch Barn, our venue of choice. He informed me that the barn is available for rent for July 31st, and that we could get the keys a week in advance-keys for what, I'm not sure. We walked right in because the door is just latched. Anyhoo, he said that we could go in at any time that week to clean and decorate/set up tables. He said it would be fine to padlock the door to keep passersby out, and to move all the nasty tables in there outside out of the way:) There a $150 reservation fee/damage protection fee that will be refunded once everything is cleaned up and put back in place. Rent for the building is.....$375! I had been praying for less than $800, and then I met a woman at Hobby Lobby who's church had rented it for $500. $375, was such a blessing!
As I talked to my boss this morning, she asked if I had been able to find more work, as I had been cut down to 2 days a week for their family. She wanted to spend more time at home, her boss hired another person to cover her work, and apparently it's not been getting done. Most likely the person hired will quit, so Angelena took on another bit of work. So that means I am back to 3 days a week with cleaning on Mon-Wed-Sat. And I'm starting another weekend contract this Saturday. God is so gracious! He has been teaching me to trust Him with little details like work....and has graciously provided! I am so excited to continue working for their family, especially as summer is around the corner. Once the kids are out of school I will make a bit more hourly, and they're such sweet kids. The boys particularly are a ton of fun. We spent all day yesterday at the creek in their development, skipping rocks, looking for tadpoles and minnows, exploring and digging in the dirt, and climbing trees. Little boys are the best:)

No comments:

Post a Comment