Vignette (literature), short, impressionistic scenes that focus on one moment or give a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting.

Friday, May 21, 2010

"I just keep trusting my Lord, as I walk along...

....I just keep trusting my Lord, and He gives a song. Though the storm clouds darken the sky o'er the heavn'ly trail, I just keep trusting my Lord-He will never fail!"
God sees fit to keep me on my knees, not literally, because I would be in rough shape! But spiritually speaking, of course. Yesterday my boss, Angelena, came home and informed me that she had lost her job. GHS had found a hairdresser who could live on site and have full availability to take care of the residents' hair. Angelena was stunned but thrilled to be home for the summer, and the possibility of reopening her salon later. God gave me MUCH grace to let my face speak joy ( my face talks pretty loud, I'm afraid ), instead of panic. Just this week I received a reply to an application I had sent to a family with triplets. So God allowed me to have something in the works before I even lost this job.
I just sent the resume/references tonight, and I'm praying for grace to trust God with the outcome-good or bad, job or no job, God is still good and he's worthy to be praised.
God has prepared my heart for this through combined Bible study this week. We were in Psalm 136, every verse ends with the promise of God's steadfast love enduring forever. So Ben gave us a sheet to fill in our own "good things" that God has given because of His steadfast love. Some of the things we came up with: "O give thanks to God who gives peace in the midst of my trials, for his steadfast love endures forever, who gives a song to the heavy heart, for his steadfast love endures forever. He provides for my daily needs, for his steadfast love endures forever."
I can see how he prepared me to increase my faith through what he taught me last week. By God's grace alone, I'm not freaking out. By His grace alone, I'm relearning to trust, to depend, to lean, and find joy in my God and his all-wise plan, for my life and John's.
"Near the cross! Oh Lamb of God, bring it's scenes before me; Help me walk from day to day with it's shadows o'er me. In the cross, in the cross be my glory ever, til my raptured soul shall find rest beyond the river."

No comments:

Post a Comment