Vignette (literature), short, impressionistic scenes that focus on one moment or give a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Guest list and Bridal showers....

In a word:YUCK! My honey tells me this is the worst part...so he has heard:) Adding in all the people that are MUST be invited, and trying to find comfort in that fact that only about 1/2 will even come. Then to separate the out-of-towners who won't be around for a bridal shower from those who will, and find a place big enough to hold them all. I have decided it's the most awkward thing in the world to ask someone to throw you a party in their home. Fortunately there are people in our church who have volunteered their homes for just such a thing..
We have registered at Bed Bath and Beyond-I may have already mentioned that. Tonight we sat down with John's parents and worked through the guest list. We deleted a lot of names and added a bunch to the list.
Music list and rough draft of order of service is done. We've decided on musicians, and have talked with a few of them. We decided that we really would like the wedding party to just be in the wedding and be there for pictures, and not have any other responsibilities. So Ben, Aaron and Sam are excluded for being involved with music. We are having only male vocalists. John won't let me sing in our wedding, and I don't know any female vocalists who's voices lend themselves to a more contemporary style of music. Oh well:) I like male vocalists better anyway.
My to-do list for tomorrow is only about a mile long, to be done before work at night: Clean John's house for Bible study on Tuesday night, look for ballet slippers, find flowers for boutonnieres and corsages for Groomsmen and mothers/grandmothers/great-grandmother,meet Aaron for lunch at Panera to discuss invitations and wedding programs, go to the bank and pay Momma, pay bills with a thankful attitude that God has provided the means to fulfill my responsibilities :)
This morning I went to the ICM service with John, and went to my Momma's class and met her kids. Then I hopped on the bus and met a little boy named Antionne. He's a sweet little first grader, a little bitty boy. He came and sat next to me and showed his Sunday school paper. He kept scooting closer and closer, so I said "hey, you wanna sit on my lap so you can look out the window??" And he said " yeah, OK" So we talked about fire trucks and motorcycles for a minute, then he shivered and said he was cold. So I wrapped him up in my sweater and pulled him close. And he turned in my lap and just snuggled into my shoulder. I sang to him all the way to his house, and when we got to his stop, he said " I gotta go now....I love you" and he gave me a kiss on the cheek and skipped off the bus. That boy made me melt right there in my seat. I wanted to take him home with me so badly! So I told John tonight that someday I want to adopt a little african-american baby:) He agrees, but marriage comes first! Anyhoo...to bed with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment