Vignette (literature), short, impressionistic scenes that focus on one moment or give a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting.

Friday, April 2, 2010

A very Good Friday indeed.

"but He was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace" That brought MY sinful soul peace " and with his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5
Reading the account of the crucifxion of my Jesus in Luke 23 has always been such a sobering process...I wonder why I don't do it more often. If I read this account every day, would I become calloused to the glorious truth that is there? That Christ willingly gave his life to redeem me? Or would I be so consumed with joy and thankfulness on a daily basis, that my words and actions would be completely different....I would hope for the latter. I would hope that remembering the sacrifice of that day would change my everyday, that all I do would be done to bring glory and joy to this God/man who died to reconcile me to a holy God.
The account of the crucifixion in Matthew 27 is probably my favorite of all gospel accounts,as it gives me the details I treasure most. That Jesus' life was not taken, rather, it was given up. Vs 51 describes the tearing of the veil leading to the Most Holy Place in the temple. Jesus' death opened the path for me to come to God, as he became the highest priest. And I cannot fathom the heartbreak and suffering Jesus endured having lost fellowship with his Father, because of my sin. While I have been redeemed, I have never know perfect fellowship with God. It has ALWAYS been marred by my sin, my pride, my self love; and to be out of fellowship with God (as sinful as I am it happens frequently) is miserable enough for me, how much more so for the beloved Son of God?
" I can't comprehend this fathomless love, gripped and amazed by what you have done. Why would the adored become the despised, to bear all the furious wrath that was mine? How awesome this mystery, of your fathomless love for me."
Sunday is coming, the tomb did not stay full!!

No comments:

Post a Comment