Vignette (literature), short, impressionistic scenes that focus on one moment or give a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Latest news

Well, it's been a while. My computer had not been able to connect to the local wireless, and my housemate's computer crashed. After about a half hour of fiddling with my computer, I was able to get it back on the web:) In all reality, it was probably something that would take an tech guy 2 seconds, but I'm enjoying a sense of accomplishment!
Aaron was so helpful in our meeting. I had given him a basic idea of what I wanted, and he made it happen. This past week he put together about 13 different font ideas, and we chose one that needed just a little alteration. He has been very gracious and patient:) This Saturday John and I are having engagement pictures done by John's brother-in-law, Jon Schuler. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I will be able to communicate what I am looking for as far as the photos are concerned. Once that is done, I can choose a picture for the invitations and send it over to Aaron. I'm using an idea my friend Michelle Dietrich used. The invitation will be a picture of us printed on card stock, with a piece of white vellum paper over it. The invitation details will be printed on the vellum paper, and the two pieces will be attached with a form of baling twine. The font is both rustic and elegant, which the overall theme of the wedding itself. I'm very pleased with what we have so far, and can't wait to order the finished product!
This week has been rather full of change; John started cleaning with me, instead of my momma. God has so richly blessed my daddy with work that Momma was only cleaning to help me out. Now I'm getting 100% of what we make-which is mere pennies for the amount of work it is. But God has graciously provided. Right now, it's just enough extra to make my financial situation a lot easier, and there will be extra for paint, and maybe a couple small things. ..like materials to make a headboard for our master bedroom. I do, however, look forward to the time when John starts evening summer class and we have to give it up. It's very time consuming. Three nights a week are automatically gone. Fortunately, now that John is working with me, I have a little less to pack into a full day. We aren't able to spend a ton of real quality time together, but I feel less badly about going home shortly after we finish work.
Bridesmaid shoes are another task I have to tackle pretty quickly. I think I know what I'm looking for, and where to get them fairly cheaply. But the shoes only come in white or black, and I would like Ivory. So I'm going to buy a pair and try to stain them with coffee or brown shoe polish...We'll see how that goes:)
I met with Evans Robinson last Saturday during the LBB conference at HP, and we were able to figure a general direction for the bridesmaid bouquets, and he was able to make mine. I'm very pleased with his work, and very thankful for his desire to do this as a gift for us! We also have all the flowers for corsages and boutonnieres, and the half the materials for the grapevine ball topiaries flanking the arbor that John and Adam Schaffer are going to make. I still haven't decided whether or not I want an aisle runner....I'm thinking not as it's just another added expense. The floor will be clean, and there will be silk rose petals scattered. That's good enough, I think.

I made a kitchen organization plan the other day..Monday, I think. What's going to go in each cupboard and drawer, etc. My sweet soon-to-be-husband...when I told him, he looked generally confused. He stated that he didn't realize that needed to be thought through and planned. I reassured him that there are probably very few people who are that OCD, and reminded him of my delight in the cleaning product aisles to prove my point. But he will appreciate it someday!
I suppose I should go make good use of my partial day off by going to buy cleaning supplies for work tonight and set about purchasing and staining shoes:) I'll let you know how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment